From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Clarification on LVM vs JBOD
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:33:46
1 Just wanted to clarify something.
2
3 Say I have a bunch of disks, I can go either using JBOD, and mount each
4 disk eg:
5 /mnt/disk1 /mnt/disk2 /mnt/disk3
6 and use them as is. If one crash, I still retain data on the other 2.
7
8 If I use LVM, for ease of configuration and to provide me with just
9 one /BIG-storage-volume, if I get a curruption of if one of the disks
10 fail, does the other 2 retain it's data?
11
12 My guess is NO and I'm basically screwed if the data is important.
16 Ow Mun Heng
17 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
18 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
19 Neuromancer 17:26:28 up 7:25, 4 users, load average: 1.24, 1.06, 0.70
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list