From: karlos <k.gebbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] weird alsa...
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:19:20
1 hi
2
3 I have tried the meterbridge and alsamixer settings but no input.
4 there are a few things I really don't why they happen, for example
5 does alsa not start off correctly during boot, no errors and modules
6 get loaded, but it when I want to start alsamixer after I log on, it
7 complains that there are no elements to display. Same with jack, it
8 cannot connect until alsa is restarted manually. no errors there
9 either. I have included all I can think of now, I hope that there is a
10 solution out there.
11 here is lsmod for example..
12
13 karlos@posthuman ~ $ lsmod | grep snd
14 snd_pcm_oss 49312 0
15 snd_mixer_oss 18432 1 snd_pcm_oss
16 snd_seq_midi 7840 0
17 snd_virmidi 4288 0
18 snd_seq_virmidi 7168 1 snd_virmidi
19 snd_seq_midi_event 6912 2 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_virmidi
20 snd_seq 53264 3 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_virmidi,snd_seq_midi_event
21 snd_usb_audio 74944 0
22 snd_usb_lib 15104 1 snd_usb_audio
23 snd_rawmidi 21920 3 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_virmidi,snd_usb_lib
24 snd_seq_device 8332 3 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
25 snd_hwdep 8480 1 snd_usb_audio
26 snd_intel8x0 30784 0
27 snd_ac97_codec 84220 1 snd_intel8x0
28 snd_pcm 84100 4
29 snd_pcm_oss,snd_usb_audio,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec
30 snd_timer 22916 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
31 snd 48228 14
32 snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_virmidi,snd_seq_virmidi,snd_seq,snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device,snd_hwdep,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer
33 snd_page_alloc 8836 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
34
35 could it be, these are all loaded as OSS?? I once heard underscores
36 mean OSS is beeing used. that would be very strange.
37
38 here are alsa restart:
39
40 posthuman karlos # /etc/init.d/alsasound restart
41 * WARNING: you are stopping a boot service.
42 * Storing ALSA Mixer Levels ... [ ok ]
43 * Unloading ALSA ... [ ok ]
44 * Unloading ALSA modules ... [ ok ]
50 * Restoring Mixer Levels ... [ ok ]
51