From: Ian <omega21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing KDE...Again.... (Now at howto install kde)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:53:34
Thanks Benno!
Now how do I install kde 3.4.3? The main reason for doing this is that I
dont want arts.
If I just emerge the bare minimum, will it want to install arts as well?
What is the bare minimum? Its emerge kicker kdesktop konsole kcontrol right?
(Up until now, Ive just used "emerge kde". Its my only graphical enviornment
so I dont
find it pulling in everything.)
And then I want 3.4.3, so do i need to go emerge kicker-3.4.3 etc....?
Thanks very much guys/gals!
~Ian

On 1/27/06, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> wrote:
> > Ian wrote: > > But there are still a few things in /usr/kde/3.5 > > Dirs: env, share, shutdown > > What should I do? > > Throw the whole 3.5 dir away. (Tar it up first, if you wish to play > it safe.) > > Also clean out any *kde*3.5 files from /etc/env.d and run > env-update.sh. > > Benno > -- > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list > >
-- Cheers, Ian