From: Gerion Entrup <gerion.entrup@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage: Complaining about multiple incidents at once
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 11:03:33
1 Hi,
2
3 does Portage have a "don't stop" mode?
4
5 With that I mean the following:
6 I'm doing updates with
7 emerge -auND world --keep-going --quiet-build --verbose-conflicts
8
9 Portage then often stops, saying a dependency keyword is missing or a
10 useflag etc. However, this always happens incident after incident, so I
11 need to run portage multiple times.
12
13 Is there a way to instruct portage to just say: "Ok, here is a
14 configuration fix necessary, maybe a use flag must be added, but let's
15 assume, the user does this and the use flag is set now. What do I need
16 to do next."
17
18 Without checking it, this behaviour seems to be more the case in prior
19 portage version (complaining about multiple incidents at once).
20
21 Best,
22 Gerion