From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd-boot on openrc
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 14:55:17
1 On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 9:03 AM Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sunday, 17 April 2022 12:13:06 -00 Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >
5 > --->8
6 > > It looks like this is cause my using mixed keywords, amd64 for udev and
7 > > ~amd64 for systemd-boot/utils. Does keywording udev-250 resolve the
8 > > blocks?
9 >
10 > Yes, after keywording several others, thus:
11 >
12 > ~sys-apps/systemd-tmpfiles-249.9
13 > ~sys-apps/systemd-utils-250.4
14 > ~sys-fs/udev-250
15 > ~virtual/tmpfiles-0-r2
16 >
17 > But then, after rebooting because of the udev update, systemd-boot-250-r1 has
18 > come in. I can't revert those keywords though, because then I'd have to ditch
19 > elogind in favour of systemd. I really do not want to do that.
20
21 Can't you just fix your USE flags with systemd-utils? Why revert?
22
23 If I need to bump a package up to ~arch temporarily usually I just do
24 it with an atom like "<sys-apps/systemd-utils-251" or something like
25 that, so that I keep getting ~arch updates within the major version,
26 but the next major bump happens when it hits stable. Obviously you
27 need to understand the versioning/stabilization policies for the
28 packages involved if you do that, and it is situational, but you
29 really shouldn't be mixing keywords anyway unless you're comfortable
30 with that.
33 Rich