From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Default fonts for applications in X
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:22:59
1 Hi All,
2
3 I have noticed that the fonts in some applications (in say, their drop down menus) have changed to something that looks like a Courier font, which I don't like much for this purpose. Applications which appear to have been affected and display their menus in Courier (or whatever that font is) are xmms, mozilla, perhaps others.
4
5 Firefox, Opera, and KDE apps don't seem to have a problem and display their menus in something that looks like Arial.
6
7 The only thing that I remember doing recently was to re-emerge glibc after I removed/added some more languages in my /etc/locales.build.
8
9 Any idea how/why this change was introduced and how I could change it to a different default font?
10 --
11 Regards,
12 Mick
13