From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: two usb memory devices
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:34:51
1 Richard Fish <bigfish <at> asmallpond.org> writes:
4 > On 3/25/06, Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> wrote:
5 > > I don't use ivman, but KDE uses pmount, which mounts devices according
6 > > to their device name, like /media/bigusbstick. Can you persuade ivman to
7 > > use pmount? Unless you use KDE, in which case you can get rid of ivman
8 > > altogether.
9
10 > According to the ivman documentation, ivman will try in order:
11
12 > pmount-hal
13 > pmount
14 > mount
17 > So James, this should be as easy as "emerge pmount".
18
19 pmount has been installed all along:
20 sys-apps/pmount
21 Available versions: 0.9.6
22 Installed: 0.9.6
23
24 my entire fstab is this:
25 /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 user,noauto,rw 0 0
26 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto 0 0
27 none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
28 /dev/hda2 / reiserfs noatime,notail 1 2
29 /dev/hda3 none swap sw 0 0
30 /dev/hda5 /var reiserfs noatime 0 0
31 /dev/hda6 /usr reiserfs noatime 0 0
32 /dev/hda7 /home reiserfs noatime 0 0
33 /dev/hda8 /usr/local reiserfs noatime 0 0
34 /dev/hda9 /tmp reiserfs noatime 0 0
35 none /proc proc defaults 0 0
36 none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
39 Both usb memory sticks work find individually, automagially
40 (udev + hal/dbus/ivman) without anthing special. Still when
41 I plug in the second usb memory stick it just does not show up mounted.
42
43 I'm stumped....
44
45 James