From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVB-S2 channel scan tool scan-s2 on gentoo
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:59:47
1 On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 09:21:09 PM Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > Hi people!
3 >
4 > As I am running successfully (recently) my DVB-S2 board on Gentoo Linux,
5 > I need to search for the DVB-S2 channels which only this application
6 > "scan-s2" is able to accomplish.
7 >
8 > http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Scan-s2
9 >
10 > Has anybody of you compiled this application successfully before ?
11 >
12 > I am not getting smart how to compile this application.
15 > For any advise of you guys, I'd be happy to hear from you.
19 > best, Tamer
20
21 That application is either deprecated or has only been moved.
22 The download link points to a page telling you to move elsewhere. (Without a
23 search option)
24
25 The "backups" there point to code from 2012. (Old)
26
27 Searching elsewhere for scan-2s points me to some git repository with a more
28 recent version:
29 https://bitbucket.org/CrazyCat/scan-s2/overview
30
31 Compiling that one does seem to work. (I don't have the hardware, so can't
32 test)
33 I do see some compile warnings:
34 atsc_psip_section.h:57:1: note: offset of packed bit-field ‘reserved2’ has
35 changed in GCC 4.4
36
37 Which again seems to indicate the code is not actively being maintained.
38
39 Have you tried any of the other scan utilities listed on your original page
40 which are actively maintained?
41
42 http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequency_scan#Comparison_of_DVB_frequency_scanning_commandline_utilities
45 Joost