From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] prevent package from creating dir?
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:49:10
1 On 10/20/2014 08:40 AM, Douglas J Hunley wrote:
2 > I've noticed that newer releases of systemd unconditionally create
3 > /var/log/journal if it doesn't exist. I'm getting tired of nuking this
4 > directory after every upgrade of systemd. I know how to configure
5 > Portage to not overwrite config files, but is there an option to _not_
6 > create a directory if it exists? Yes, I could edit the "Storage" line
7 > journald.conf but thinking bigger picture (for when some other package
8 > starts doing this) I'm curious if Portage can be told not to do this.
9 > Thanks.
12 man make.conf:
13
14 INSTALL_MASK = [space delimited list of file names]
15 Use this variable if you want to selectively prevent certain
16 files from being copied into your file system tree. This does
17 not work on symlinks, but only on actual files. Useful if you
18 wish to filter out files like HACKING.gz and TODO.gz. The
19 INSTALL_MASK is processed just before a package is merged. Also
20 supported is a PKG_INSTALL_MASK variable that behaves exactly
21 like INSTALL_MASK except that it is processed just before cre‐
22 ation of a binary package.
23
24 Honestly I don't know if it works on empty directories, but give it a shot.