From: Paul Hoy <paul.hoy@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo or Linux from Scratch - Perspectives?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:51:06
1 On Aug 14, 2005, at 5:38 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
4 > On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:12:31 -0700
5 > Zac Medico wrote:
8 >> Hi Paul,
9 >>
10 >> Are we really far behind? That's difficult to believe. For what
11 >> packages specifically? Do
12 >>
13 > you know how to unmask unstable packages (marked M or M~ at
14 > packages.gentoo.org)?
15 >
16 > Unstable does not really cut it IMHO. I am a gentoo enthusiast through
17 > and through, but plonking something in portage with a ~ beside it does
18 > not constitute a release of a recent version IMHO.
23 >> Zac
26 > --
27 > Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
28 >
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
34 Hi Nick,
35
36 Yup, I've unmasked a few packages .. openoffice_ximian, for instance.
37
38 Paul
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list