From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Opinions?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:35:53
1 On 9/14/05, C. Beamer <cbeamer@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi All,
4 >
5 > A friend (non-Gentoo user) sent me this Gentoo-related url:
6 >
7 > http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=16002
8 >
9 > I got Gentoo installed with only a few hitches and it's running like a
10 > charm since the install, but I'm still a "newbie" when it comes to
11 > Gentoo, so I bow to the superior knowledge of the people on this list.
12 >
13 > The url is about a KDE app called Kuroo that is supposed to be a
14 > frontend to the portage tree. You are supposed to be able to search for
15 > installed packages, among other things. Has anyone heard of this? Any
16 > opinions?
17 >
18 > Take care,
19 >
20 > Colleen
21 > --
22 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
25 Looks like a nifty little app. I personally use the command line because I
26 like the command line. But if you are more of a graphical persuasion (i.e.
27 ex-windoze/mac user) then maybe that's best for you. As far as anyone is
28 concerned the way you interface to Portage is pretty much a personal
29 decision based on your preferences.
30 -Mike
34 Michael E. Crute
35 Software Developer
36 SoftGroup Development Corporation
37
38 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
39 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"