From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] depclean screw up
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:12:20
1 On Sunday 30 July 2006 22:57, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > Well I don't see anything obviously wrong.  I would probably take a
3 > look at the output of
4 > "emerge --debug --depclean --pretend world", and look for
5 > net-libs/libsoup or gnome-base/gail.  Both of them should appear as
6 > dependancies of something.  At the very least, they should appear
7 > under gtkhtml.  You might save that output (it will be large!), to
8 > attach to the bug report if requested.
9
10 Ha! Got it!
11 Searching over that output, that I had never really thought about before, I
12 found the answer.
13 gimp depends on gtkhtml-2*, which at it's highest stable release (2.6.3)
14 depends on gail if USE=accessibility.
15 dvdrip depends on gtkhtml, which at it's highest stable release (3.10.2)
16 unconditionally depends on gail.
17 I had both gtkhtml (3.10.2) and gtkhtml-2* (2.6.3) installed.
18
19 media-gfx/gimp-2.2.12 comes before media-video/dvdrip-0.97.10, gimps gtkhtml
20 depstring became a candidate, so dvdrips dependency was being ignored!
21 Removing both versions of gtkhtml, and merging gimp then dvdrip separately has
22 apparently sorted it.
23 depclean has removed gail, libsoup, and their dependencies, and my dynamic
24 linking remains consistant.
25
26 Thanks
29 Mike Williams