From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bad mem, over heat and games
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 00:03:24
1 lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Laptops are NOT meant to run 24/7. They don't have the cooling to survive for
4 > more than a few hours. Get some fans or something to save it before you fry
5 > something.
6
7 Oh, great! Now you tell me ; )
8 For the last week I have been running it from about 9:00 AM until 2:00
9 AM and then I hibernate it.
10
11 > What games?
12
13 Well, I tried to compile wesnoth and the system could lock up. However
14 now that I am using the single 1GB stick, it has been very stable again.
15 Though I guess I am still using it for too long. I knew I should have
16 lugged my desktop along.
17
18 > Some guys I eat lunch with have gotten a amazing amount of enjoyment out of a
19 > game called KBounce.
20
21 Hmm, I am a Gnome guy, but I will still check it out.
22
23 Thanks,
24
25 Jim