From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install Order for Packages?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:20:27
1 Gentoo figures out the dependencies so if you try and install KDE and X is
2 not installed it will install X first. Do emerge packagename -p and it
3 will
4 tell you what it will install.
5
6 On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, billyd wrote:
7
8 > I've been playing around with Gentoo 2005.1 trying to get it
9 > installed using genkernel. I am a little beyond newbie with linux
10 > but still in a steep learning curve. I am at the point in this
11 > installation where I can start installing packages. The handbook
12 > uses kde as an example.
13 >
14 > My question: Is there an order in which packages need to be
15 > installed. For example, should x11-xorg be installed before kde?
16 >
17 > Thanks,
22 Brett I. Holcomb
23 brettholcomb@×××××××××××××.net