From: Don Jerman <djerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Webcam on Pavilion Dv1000
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:10:08
1 On 9/5/07, CESAR GAVIDIA <gavidiacs@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Greetings brothers, I have a laptop Hp Pavilion dv1000, this brings
4 > incorporated a webcam and a microphone, which have been able to fail to
5 > utilize.
6 >
7 Sam Revich had a driver for the webcam on my HP dv9000t, which allowed
8 me to get images. Something in the control data is different from the
9 standard model however, so I can't really do anything with it without
10 crashing the device, and I haven't been a good debugging partner. I'd
11 be happy to use the thing but I don't have time to figure it out right
12 now.
13
14 I don't know if my device is the same as yours -- Sam has a listing of
15 the USB device numbers on his blog, so you can see if his driver would
16 work. If you have problems using it, he may be willing to work with
17 you if you have time to help him with the data he needs for debugging.
18
19 Here's the blog:
20 http://lsb.blogdns.net/ry5u870/
21 --