From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dracut + UUID : a problem solved
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:15:49
1 On Monday 11 Jun 2012 08:16:49 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Mick writes:
3 > > PS. [OT] what key am I supposed to press to be able to see some more
4 > > verbose output on the console while *ubuntu is booting?
5 >
6 > Press the shift key during startup, so the Grub menu will appear. Then E
7 > to edit, and remove the 'quiet' kernel parameter. The Grub menu still
8 > does not appear? Then you may have to comment the GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT*
9 > values in /etc/default/grub, and run update-grub.
10 >
11 > It's so simple, isn't it!
12 >
13 > Wonko
14
15 Ah! F2 is no good then. ;-)
16
17 Thanks, will try it next time I get to that machine.
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick