From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP to cmd-line MTA relay?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 22:24:39
1 On 2018-01-19 20:19, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > >>>> Can exim transfer mail to an Exchange server that doesn't expose an
4 > >>>> SMTP server?
5 > >>>
6 > >>> Errr, no. exim does SMTP.
7 > >>>
8 > >>> If the above is what you need, any orthodox mail server would need
9 > >>> to hand the mail over to something that *can* deliver to Exchange.
10 > >>
11 > >> Yes, and that something is my existing command-line MTA utility
12 > >> that has the same usage as /usr/bin/sendmail.
13
14 FWIW, you can plug in your existing script into exim as a custom
15 "transport", in the exim terminology. In fact that is what I used to do
16 for years, to stuff outgoing mail into sendmail on a system where I had
17 a shell account. But if I understand the problem now (a well sized if,
18 LOL) that doesn't by itself help you because the existing script is
19 broken; replacing the script is the main part of the problem. Right?
22 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
23 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
24 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.