From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error message for several ebuilds when updating world.
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 07:33:10
1 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2 > I just ran a sync and update on my laptop. The builds for...
3 >
4 > gnome-extra/libgsf-1.14.21
5 > x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.24.0-r1
6 > gnome-base/librsvg-2.34.1-r1
7 > www-client/firefox-7.0.1-r1
8 > app-text/ghostscript-gpl-9.04-r4
9 > app-office/abiword-2.8.6-r1
10 >
11 > ...all came up with the same warning in /var/log/portage/elog
12 >
13 > WARN: prepare
14 > We've already been run in this tree; you should
15 > avoid this if possible (perhaps by filing a bug)
16 >
17 > Any ideas what this is all about?
20 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6878530.html?sid=924b3c65e5584c4dc81672583d97b85d#6878530
21
22 You need more ram, swap space or maybe drive space for the portage work
23 directory. Basically, it's running out of space somewhere. Look at
24 "top" maybe and see what it says then "df" to see if a partition is full
25 or really close to it. Keep in mind, usage may drop after it fails and
26 does a little cleaning up.
27
28 Hope that helps.
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!