From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo on a kvm - can't install kernel sources
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 14:32:43
1 On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 07:33:03PM +0400, the wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On 08/25/13 17:51, Michael Mair-Keimberger wrote:
6 > > Hi List,
10 > > Since a few days i'm trying to install gentoo on a kvm guest from
11 > > edis.at. They support to boot from a gentoo minimal live-cd in
12 > > order to install your own gentoo. The system has 5GB storage and
13 > > 256MB ram. Actually that should be enough for a minimal
14 > > installation. However, till now i couldn't get over that point
15 > > where i'm trying to install the kernel sources...
16 >
17 > IMHO, 5Gb is not enough, have you tried df -h?
18
19 How about putting the sources into a squashfs? I've been doing so with
20 /usr/portage on my netbook with its small HDD for a long time now to save a
21 couple o’ 100 megs.
22 Since /usr/src will then be read-only, you’ll have to prepare the image
23 outside of the system, which also means that you can’t use portage’s *sources
24 on the system in question.
25
26 My 3.10 vanilla sources of about 605 megs (du -sch) get steamed down to a 120
27 MB image.
28 --
29 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
30 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
31
32 GNU jokes are not UNIX jokes.