From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: go to a no-x console from failed X + lxde install
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 06:34:02
1 Andrej Rode wrote:
2 >> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y --backtrack=100 --keep-going -v -j8
3 >> --quiet-build=n -1"
4 > Hm, backtrack and -1 seem reasonable, I guess I'll update my default
5 > conf! Thanks
8 Welcome. That has been there so long, I don't even remember what it
9 does now. :/
12 >> Alan and Neil has a amazing ability to decrypt the output of emerge.
13 >> Sometimes I have to post and wait for one of them. I'm getting better
14 >> at it. I figure by the time I get as good as Alan and Neil, they will
15 >> change the way it spits out data and we will all have to learn it
16 >> again. lol
17 > As I said you have to know what to look for. And I don't think libraries
18 > and USE flags will change too quickly so we should be able to keep up ;)
19 >
20 > Cheers,
21 > Andrej
24 Yea, one thing I have learned, read it backwards. Start at the bottom
25 and work your way back up. A lot of times, that helps.
26
27 Still, once a lot of us get it, some dev will change it, hopefully for
28 the better. ;-)
29
30 Dale
31