From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FTPs - Is there such a thing?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:58:01
1 On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 22:58 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Ow Mun Heng wrote:
3 > > What I meant is "secure" ftp.
4 > > sort of like httpS as an alternative to http.
5 > >
6 > > short of wrapping/tunneling ftp traffic through SSH. (That's simple)
7 >
8 > It's called sftp, and openssh does it with this in /etc/ssh/sshd_config:
11 Sorry, I should have mentioned that I know about that as well.
12 Most other users are Windows users and they then to just like to click a
13 link eg:
14
15 ftp://1.2.3.4
16
17 and it'll open up in explorer. (users, they don't care, as long as it
18 works)
19
20 > # override default of no subsystems
21 > Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/misc/sftp-server
22 >
23 > Most SSH clients will do it, FTP clients may not.
24
25 And I sincerely doubt windows explorer can do it. (Which is the problem)
26
27 Thanks
28 --
29 Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>