From: Pupino <pupinux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] opengl - howto get rid of Nvidia
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:27:33
1 2009/2/21 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have switched from a machine with Nvidia (proprietary) graphics driver
5 > to a machine with onboard radeonhd device.
6 >
7 > Now when reemerging xorg-server or trying to eselect opengl
8 > it always tries to find Nvidia's opengl.
9 >
10 > Of course, I have unmerged the nvidia driver.
11 >
12 > How can I get rid of the Nvidia heritage?
13 >
14 > Many thanks for a hint,
15 > Helmut.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Helmut Jarausch
19 >
20 > Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
21 > RWTH - Aachen University
22 > D 52056 Aachen, Germany
26 Hi,
27 have you also checked /etc/make.conf to ensure that there's not a line like this
28 VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
29 in it's options?
30
31 HTH