From: Bob Wya <bob.mt.wya@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Easy (cough) way to build earlier gentoo-sources 3.18.x kernel?
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 22:23:09
1 I'm getting a bit bogged down trying to build an early release of the 3.18
2 kernel. Since I can't automatically go back before 3.18.9 now (using
3 portage anyway)...
4
5 Basically I trying to check if a suspend/resume issue I've got was
6 introduced after the 3.18 kernel was released (or was in the base release).
7 I've got a reproduce-able failure to suspend-to-ram with >=3.18.x gentoo
8 kernel sources. However this issue is not present with the gentoo kernel
9 sources <=3.17.x. (A systemd nfs client mount problem - which blocks the
10 suspend-to-ram process.)
11
12 I had a look at the kernel-2 eclass and my head started to hurt... Do I
13 need to wade into the weeds or is there a "short-cut" I can take to go back
14 to the earliest gentoo-sources 3.18 kernel build :-)
18 Thanks,
19 Robert