From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~amd64] Some possibly (?) helpful hints re the big gnome-3.8 update
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 01:20:50
1 On Mon, Jul 29 2013, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2
3 > I am a gnome-3 user, who wants to continue with gnome-3. I understand
4 > now that to move to 3.8 requires I move from openRC to systemd and am
5 > trying to accomplish that now. I have so far only done the easy first
6 > steps.
7
8 OK. Walt proved this wrong by managing, with some effort and doubtless
9 considerable skill, to get 3.8 on an openrc machine but he does note
10 that moving to systemd is the procedure supported by the gentoo devs.
11
12 I am still trying to move to systemd and would appreciate help as
13 mentioned in my previous msg.
14
15 thanks again,
16 allan