From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to use my SSD the right way ;-)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 21:52:17
1 Am 03.01.2014 15:07, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2
3 > I'd like to see the results of any benchmarks you do with BFQ on VMs
4
5 If we run BFQ on the host (as it runs SSDs and HDDs and we want it to be
6 snappy) this would maybe mean that in the VMs we need Noop ?
7
8 In the IBM-pdf "Best practices for KVM" they tell me to
9
10 "use the Deadline I/O scheduler on the KVM host and guest operating
11 systems for I/O-bound workloads on enterprise storage systems."
12
13 But they don't mention BFQ at all.
14
15 I can test here on my systems as soon as I find the time and the brains
16 ... or on an upcoming server I will setup within the next weeks for a
17 customer.
18
19 Stefan