From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: rdesktop problems 1.8.2 -> 1.8.3
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 09:51:07
1 On 5 February 2015 09:46:58 CET, Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Yes, you need to enable Remote Desktop on the windows guest.
5 >
6 >No, you need to enable Remote Desktop in the VirtualBox settings.
7 >
8 >VBoxManage modifyvm <name> --vrde on --vrdeport 3389 --vrdeauthtype ...
9 >
10 >And then connect to the host's IP, not to the guest's.
11 >
12 >The benefit is that you can connect to a Windows which doesn't have
13 >an RDP server included ("Home" versions of "modern" Windows, or even
14 >a very old Windows 2000, and all that).
15 >
16 >-Matt
17
18 And how will the authentication work that way?
19 --
20 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.