From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:20:03
1 · Norman Rieß <norman@×××××××××.org>:
2
3 > Michael Schmarck schrieb:
4 >> · Norman Rieß <norman@×××××××××.org>:
7 >>> Right, basicly telling people "You have to depend on / use other distros
8 >>> to install our OS, cause we are not able to / don´t have time to provide
9 >>> this" sounds a little fishy. It makes Gentoo look incomplete.
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> Well, but providing outdated (ie. non-usable for new systems) install
13 >> medium is also very bad. And if the installer doesn't work (satisfactory),
14 >> then that gives an even worse impression.
15 >>
16 >> Michael Schmarck
17 >>
18 > I agree.
19 > And i don't think that this is contradicting my statement, does it?
20
21 Depends. You're saying, that Gentoo might look to be incomplete, if
22 it were to rely on other distributions (Live CDs). I'm saying, that
23 it currently already looks to be incomplete, despite there being a
24 install CD - a CD, which is outdated.
27 Michael Schmarck
28 --
29 You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
30 -- Steven Wright
34 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list