From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [SOLVED]Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth speakers
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 14:48:14
1 On Wednesday, 18 May 2022 15:22:07 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Somewhere around here I said I had too many USE flag staatements under /etc/
4 > portage, so I removed package.use and just set whatever flags were needed
5 > to install all my packages. That was fine, but it meant that USE=pulseaudio
6 > was only set on alsa-plugins, which was fine as far as it went, but nothing
7 > else could use PA. Now that I've put pulseaudio back into make.conf and
8 > recompiled, I hope for a quieter life, if you see what I mean...
9 >
10 > Thanks again for everyone's patience.
11
12 Glad you got it working. There's a global 'pulseaudio' USE flag, as well as
13 some local 'pulseaudio' USE flags. If you run 'euse -i pulseaudio' you'll see
14 from the output a global flag is needed. I'm not on a pulseaudio enabled
15 system at the moment to check what I have set up here.