From: Philip Lawatsch <philip@××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Evironment variables breaking ebuilds
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:46:00
1 Hi,
2
3 I've just noticed that one of the environment variables I (have to) have
4 set causes troubles with an ebuild.
5
6 In my case I have set the environment variable "PLATFORM" (for my user).
7 If I now just su to root and then emerge mono the emerge will fail
8 because mono also seems to make use of $PLATFORM but does not seem to
9 overwrite it if it is already set.
10
11 -> Is this a bug in the mono ebuild or is this just a fsckup on my part?
12
13 I do think that all environment variables besides the stuff in the
14 profile and the things in make.conf / make.globals should be dropped by
15 emerge.
16
17 So, should I submit a bug for the mono ebuild or is this breakage (in my
18 case) expected behaviour?
19
20 (I know that I could just use "su -" or something else which would get
21 rid of my users environment variables, but this does not fix the problem
22 and also I sometimes simply forget about it)
23
24 kind regards Philip
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list