From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] genkernel-next will not mount /usr but genkernel will
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 10:24:30
1 Hi folks. I wanted to switch to using genkernel-next instead of
2 genkernel so eventually I could switch to using systemd. However
3 genkernel-next-50 will not mount my /usr file system. I have everything
4 on lvm volumes, except my /boot which is a regular partition. With the
5 regular genkernel /usr is mounted, but I can't even test systemd
6 bedcause it looks for realinit before /usr is even mounted. My
7 genkernel command line is:
8 genkernel --no-clean --no-splash --lvm --e2fsprogs
9 --kerneldir=/usr/src/linux-3.6.2-gentoo initramfs
10
11 Now when I use genkernel-next, it would not mount /usr because it said
12 no such file or directory -- I guess its mount point -- not sure of
13 that. It would not execute udev because it said there was a missing
14 library.
15
16 So, how can this be fixed? Is there a bug in genkernel-next?
17
18 Thanks in advance for any ideas.
19 --
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici