From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge @preserved-rebuild EVEN IF some needed package is masked
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:34:58
1 On 8 Jan 2010, at 08:23, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > ...
3 > The kde-sunset maintainer could even be you.
4
5 I had my first patch accepted to an upstream project this week. It was
6 only about 70 lines of Perl (and some of those were basically just
7 refactoring what the author had already written into a different
8 function, so that my new code could call it, too), but not only was it
9 *extremely* gratifying to be "accepted upstream", it also showed me
10 that the barrier to contributing to OSS is really very low.
11
12 Stroller.