From: Corbin Bird <corbinbird@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A config file for the magical combo of....
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 18:57:35
1 On 07/01/2018 12:05 PM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 > I'm trying to get a new computer working. I've decided to go the UEFI
5 > route but something is being a bit obstinate. Would anyone have the
6 > combination of a Gigabyte motherboard, x470 Ultra, with an AMD Ryzen 7
7 > 2700 CPU? Set up to run UEFI?
8 >
9 > I'm having all sorts of trouble trying to get things running and if
10 > anyone would happen to have a working kernel config for the above combo,
11 > and is willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated.
12 >
13 > Regards,
14 > Andrew
17 One small thing I noticed doing a Gentoo setup on UEFI ...
18
19 The VFAT driver ( in UEFI ) never loaded until Windows was installed on
20 a drive.
21 Almost as if the driver was checking for Windows before loading ...
22
23 Every attempt to do a Gentoo UEFI install FAILED, because the VFAT
24 driver would not load.
25
26 So ... Windows setup UEFI just fine. Gentoo is using GPT/GRUB.
27 Every time I boot, the "Boot Menu" gets used to choose the OS.
28
29 Corbin