From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot upgrade to zfs 0.8.x
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 11:47:33
1 On Mon, 08 Jul 2019 04:51:13 -0400,
2 John Covici wrote:
3 >
4 > On Mon, 08 Jul 2019 03:35:36 -0400,
5 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
6 > >
7 > > [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
8 > > On Sun, 07 Jul 2019 23:42:24 -0400, John Covici wrote:
9 > >
10 > > > Hi. I have discovered that I cannot upgrade to zfs 0.8.x. The
11 > > > problem seems to be that there is no sys-kernel/spl-0.8.x at all. I
12 > > > have seen on the zfs list that people are upgrading to 0.8, so what is
13 > > > happening here -- is this somehow another unmaintained package or
14 > > > someting?
15 > >
16 > > spl is now part of the zfs package and no longer a separate ebuild.
17 > > Portage should take care of it for you. There was a thread about this
18 > > when zfs-0.8.0 first hit the tree.
19 >
20 > I have been thinking about it and I think I tried to reemerge the spl
21 > package as well, so I will try again.
22
23 OK, so I successfully did build 0.8.1, but it does not like my root
24 file system parameter, dracut chokes and puts me in an emergency shell
25 and I have to mount it manually. I tried root=rpool and
26 root=rpool/root which dracut completely said unable to continue and if
27 I omit the root= altogether like I have done in previous versions, it
28 says it can't mount the root file system, and throws me into the
29 emergency shell where I can mount it manually. I do have rpool/root
30 designated as rootfs.
33 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
34 How do
35 you spend it?
36
37 John Covici wb2una