From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:11:16
1 On Friday 02 July 2010 02:54:33 Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm often stucked by the current policy in this mailing list changing
5 > the 'Reply-To' header to the mailing list address. Most mailing lists I
6 > use don't do that.
7 >
8 > It is usually better and prefer the "answer to all" policy as it permit
9 > to be notified of an answer without having to track the whole mailing
10 > list.
11 >
12 > What do you think about changing of policy?
16 We have been over this and over this and over this endless times over the past
17 5 years.
18
19 For every stated reason why reply-to munging is considered harmful there is an
20 equal and opposite reason why it isn't. And every time we discuss this we just
21 leave the system as is.
22
23 You should learn to deal with it. There is no correct answer. There is only an
24 awareness of how the list you are using works.
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com