From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Beyond-Gentoo question
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 17:31:56
1 Hi,
2
3 for a long time I have compiled makehuman from the svn tree. This
4 works with no problems with my 32bit Gentoo linux.
5 When changed to 64bit Gentoo Linux it does not work any longer.
6 The compilation itssself is clean, buth the executable does not
7 work as exspected...
8
9 From the developpers forum I know that makehuman is 64bit aware
10 and runs (for others, not for me).
11 They also said, that it may have be something to do with the SDL
12 lib.
13
14 I searched for differences of the installation of SDL between the two
15 systems but I did not found anything -- at least nothing which would
16 alarm me.
17
18 When makehuman is started it prints on the console:
19
20 No antialiasing available, turning off antialiasing.
21 No 24 bit z buffer available, switching to 16 bit.
22 No 16 bit z buffer available, exiting.
25 I have no problems with other SDL-related executables. Blender (for
26 example) is heavily using OpenGL and DRI and wirks fine under 64bit
27 Gentoo linux.
28
29 The output of glxinfo was sent to the developers of makehuman and they
30 did not find anything suspicious.
31
32 May be someone here on this mailing list is able to point me into the
33 right direction to fix this ?
34
35 Thank you very much in advance!
36 Best regards,