From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Questions about java SDK ebuilds for linux
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:52:09
1 On 27/08/13 at 12:04pm, Wolfgang Liebich wrote:
2 > Am 2013-08-26 18:40, schrieb James:
3 > > Wolfgang Liebich <wolfgang.liebich <at> siemens-enterprise.com> writes:
4 > >
5 > >>
6 > >> Hi,
7 > >> I'm using GENTOO linux as development platform for Java applications.
8 > >> JAVA 8 is not officially out there, but still I would like to start
9 > >> testing it, and there are "early access"
10 > >> downloads at the oracle website.
11 > >
12 > > Checkout project sunrise and then other overlay sites for early offerings...
13 >
14 > Is there something like a comprehensive guide to the overlays, or a overlay search engine?
15 > I looked around in some of the JAVA overlays, but they look rather dated (or contain only java based
16 > application's ebuilds).
17
18 If you use eix, theres eix-remote which lets you search remote overlays
19 using eix the same way one would use it to search the local portage tree.
24 - Yohan Pereira
25
26 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
27 between a mermaid and a seal.
28 -- Mark Twain