From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] messagebus keeps 0wning my files
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:07:16
1 I've had this problem for a while now but it's finally driven me mad.
2
3 I have a directory with some local mercurial repos. I'm the only user
4 who touches these repos.
5
6 Things will go fine for a while, and suddenly I'll do a commit and then
7 hg will die with
8
9 abort: Permission denied:
10
11 on one of the ./hg/* files. When I look at the file I'll find it's
12 owned by 1000:messagebus. So I'm too busy to investigate so I just
13 "sudo chown -R $USER:users ~/path/to/repo" and go along my way... then
14 the next day—or whenever—the same thing happens again!
15
16 It's weird because I don't have a user with uid=1000 in /etc/passwd, but
17 messagebus has a gid=1000. Also the seems to only happen to the two Hg
18 repos I am working on.
19
20 The last time this happened (just now), the mtime on the file is 18
21 June. The ctime is 19 June (the fs is mounted with noatime). The last
22 time I did the chown thing was on the 20th (so the ctime kinda doesn't
23 make sense, if I understand correctly), so could this possibly be a bug
24 in the fs (ext4)?