From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB automount
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 07:48:45
1 Am 25.09.2012 18:49, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
2 > On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
3 >> Am 25.09.2012 10:09, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
4 >>
5 >>> So if I don't use systemd right now, it would be better to keep
6 >>> consolekit? I give it a try now ... compiling stuff without that flag
7 >>> for a test.
8 >>
9 >> Did not work. Rather easy to understand, if neither systemd or
10 >> consolekit is there, how should things work ...
11 >>
12 >> Re-enabled USE-flag "consolekit" for now, re-emerged 4 pkgs, ok now.
13 >>
14 >> Maybe I will try systemd again soon ...
15 >
16 > It's not only the use flag; if you set USE=systemd, you need to boot
17 > with systemd. Otherwise, set USE="consolekit -systemd".
18
19 I think this should go into the wiki or so.
20
21 I always assumed that adding the flag "systemd" just somehow enhanced my
22 packages with systemd-compatibility and I could then simply switch
23 between init-systems as I like. It wasn't clear to me that it somehow
24 disabled stuff or made my binaries incompatible with eg. consolekit.
25
26 For now I stay with my working openrc-based setup, I have other things
27 to test and will only re-compile stuff for systemd when I find more time
28 again.
29
30 Thanks so far for your investigation on this bug, Stefan