From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] madwifi-ng & WPA
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 04:17:08
1 Hi,
2
3 I've just purchased an Atheros-based wireless card that appears to be
4 supported by the madwifi drivers. I emerged the latest version of
5 madwifi because the VAP mode looks cool. ("Virtual AP (VAP) mode,
6 which allows the operation of multiple concurrent (virtual) access
7 points, and concurrent running in both AP and station mode" <http://
8 madwifi.org/wiki/ngFeatures>)
9
10 I've used WEP to date, so this isn't urgent, but I thought I'd try in
11 order to try using the card in WPA mode; at the end of `emerge wpa-
12 supplicant` the following einfo is given:
13
14 * To use wpa_supplicant-0.4.7 you must create the configuration file
15 * /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
16 *
17 * An example configuration file has been installed as
18 * /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.example
19 *
20 * Please notice that madwifi support was removed in this version
21 * of the ebuild. It will return once madwifi is stable again.
22
23 Does anyone know a workaround for using madwifi-ng with WPA, please?
24
25 $ eix -I wpa_supplicant -o madwifi --format "\t<category>/<name>
26 \tversion <installedversions> installed"
27 net-wireless/madwifi-driver version 0.1420.20060201
28 installed
29 net-wireless/madwifi-tools version 0.1420.20060201
30 installed
31 net-wireless/wpa_supplicant version 0.4.7 installed
32
33 Found 3 matches
34
35 Stroller.