From: Mike <miroco22769@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde-4.1 SLOT in kdesvn-portage
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 01:26:23
1 Mike wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I use the kdesvn-portage overlay (the portage one, not the paludis-only one).
6 >> To still stay this side of sanity, I emerged the 4.1.1 SLOT.
7 >>
8 >> I updated layman -S today only to find that the entire kde-4.1 SLOT has been
9 >> removed. Can someone confirm? Am I actually dreaming? Anyone know why a
10 >> perfectly reasonable set of ebuilds were removed?
13 > I have a similar problem when I 'emerge --sync' it deletes my overlays I
14 > added with layman.
15 >
16 > Mike
17
18 My problem was I symlinked /usr/local to /usr so layman was installing
19 the overlays to /usr/portage instead of /usr/local/portage and they were
20 getting deleted on 'emerge --sync'. I changed the layman installation
21 directory in /etc/layman/layman.cfg and solved that problem.
22
23 Mike