From: Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dvdrip help
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 22:48:16
1 Basically, because that wouldn't help when I bring it to somebody
2 else's dvd player.
3
4 On 3/8/06, Covington, Chris <Chris.Covington@×××××××.com> wrote:
5 > Why don't you just get a $40 Cyberhome CH-DVD300S DVD player and watch any regions and PAL as well?
6 >
7 > Chris
10 > -----Original Message-----
11 > From: Mike Myers [mailto:fluffymikey@×××××.com]
12 > Sent: Wed Mar 08 16:43:52 2006
13 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
14 > Subject: [gentoo-user] dvdrip help
15 >
16 > Hey everybody!
17 >
18 > I'm trying to find something that I can use to rip and then remake
19 > DVDs. I have some japanese dvds that won't play on almost any regular
20 > dvd players because of the stupid region thing. K3b didn't seem to have
21 > anything for doing that, so I tried dvdrip/dvd::rip. Whenever I run
22 > dvdrip, it just goes to the next line and says "[filterlist]
23 > (re)scanning transcode's module path /usr/lib/transcode..." and sits
24 > there for as long as I let it without actually doing anything. I can't
25 > seem to find anything to skip that process or anything.
26 >
27 > Can somebody please recommend another tool or show me how to fix
28 > dvdrip? I'd really like to watch these dvds from something other than
29 > my laptop.
30 >
31 > Thanks a lot in advance,
32 > Mikey