From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [KDE] "Only quote selected text when replying" feature not working in Kmail
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:01:21
1 On Thursday, 25 June 2020 19:10:53 BST Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2 > On 2020-06-25 11:33, Michael wrote:
3 > > I have the same kmail version and profile like you.
4 >
5 > For most packages, I would ask you what your USE flags were, but KMail
6 > seems to rely on dependent packages for tweaking its internal parts.
7 >
8 > Do you have any KDE framework/library USE customizations set? I've
9 > tried to keep my KDE/QT setup pretty generic, since I've run into weird
10 > behavior before when trying to avoid certain dependencies. Learned my
11 > lesson the hard way.
12
13 I have disabled networkmanager on plasma-meta and wifi on powerdevil from what
14 I recall, but nothing else.
17 > > Regarding the settings under General/Format, all are enabled except for
18 > > 'Reply or forward using HTML if present'. The word wrap is set at 78,
19 > > not sure if this is the default and/or if it makes any difference.
20 >
21 > I'll check on my setup later for comparison. Maybe it has to work in
22 > combination with another setting?
23 >
24 > > Given the above it ought to work - or at least it does here. Perhaps if
25 > > you move out of the way any ~/.kmail2rc and restart kmail, it will create
26 > > a default file for you to compare its contents against.
27 >
28 > This is a good suggestion, I'll try this later as well.
29
30 By the way, the full path for the kmail config file is:
31
32 ~/.config/kmail2rc