From: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] urxvtd segfaulting (no idea why)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:00:19
1 On 21:37 Wed 23 Jan , Marcin Dzierzkowski wrote:
2 > On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:56:42 -0600
3 > forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Recently (as in the last day or two), I have started to have problems
6 > > with urxvtd. I'm currently running version 8.9 (~x86), but on to the
7 > > problem itself.
8 > >
9 > > I have had problems with urxvtd segfaulting after opening a terminal,
10 > > then closing it. It doesn't spit out an error that I have seen
11 > > (running as urxvtd & in an xterm), but after opening the term, and
12 > > closing it again, and trying to open a second term, it segfaults
13 > > (according to jobs in the same term I ran urxvtd).
14 > >
15 > > Any clues as to a good way to track this down, as it seems to happen
16 > > as well in the stable version?
19 > Hi.
20 >
21 > Few minutes ago, after updated x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers, I have got
22 > the same problem.
23 > I reemerged rxvt-unicode and nvidia-drivers, closed X session, then
24 > reload nvidia module and everything work fine.
25 >
26 > If that don't help try debug urxvtd.
27 > Regards.
28 >
29 > ----
30 > Feel free to correct my English.
31
32 I'm running a system rebuild right now. I use an i810, so I doubt an
33 nvidia upgrade could cause me problems ;)
34
35 We'll see what happens after this rebuild.
38 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list