From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] opensource arcade game alike ?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:13:00
1 On Wednesday 10 September 2008, 16:41, zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Hello. Is there an opensource arcade game that plays very similar to
4 > old-school CPS1/CPS2 games, like "Captain Commando", "Cadillacs and
5 > Dinosaurs", "Warriors of Fate", ""Final Fight" and ""Streets of Rage"?
6 >
7 > This category of arcade game different from typical arcade "Super
8 > Mario" that it features sideway movement (instead of only
9 > forward/backward), combo attack (press "punch" continuously), special
10 > move (usually down + up + punch) and a health slot (picking up food
11 > would add health back).
12 >
13 > I played many opensource arcade games, but most are more "Super Mario"
14 > like rather than CPS games. I haven't tried all games in
15 > portage/games-arcade, but if someone already know some in that
16 > style...
17
18 Maybe not what you're looking for, but don't those games run under MAME?