From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question kernel upgrades for dracut users
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 01:48:52
1 Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
55 I'm on the old Grub. I keep saying I'm going to switch but . . . . . .
56 . If you are using the new grub, how difficult is the switch? Scale
57 from one to ten would be fine. 1 being pulling teeth and 10 a walk in
58 the park and your eyes were closed. o_O
59
60 I always keep a older boot line available so I will test this but I may
61 version them anyway, just to be safe. At least I know there is a chance
62 that it would work if the init thingy didn't build correctly. I tend to
63 skip versions of kernels too. Sometimes I go several versions. Plus,
64 honestly, I'm not even 100% sure I am booting the init thingy. I posted
65 a thread about it but no replies. I'm about 95% sure tho that is is
66 booting the init do hicky. Can you tell I'm not really liking the init
67 thingy yet?
68
69 Does the dracut init mount /usr if it is on a separate partition or do I
70 have to set something to tell it too? Right now it's not but I do plan
71 to redo my set up. I'm planning to put everything on LVM except / and
72 its friends.
73
74 Thanks.
75
76 Dale
77
81 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
82
83 Miss the compile output? Hint:
84 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"