From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lighter xscreensaver ?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:30:36
1 > > Is there a program like xscreensaver that is lighter weight? All I
2 > > want to do is blank and lock the screen after a little bit (or on
3 > > command). I use xfce.
4 > >
5 > > - Grant
6 >
7 > xlockmore will do exactly that. It works well and is extremely light.
8
9 Any tips on xlockmore configuration? I can run xglock and select the
10 blank screen option, but running xlock always defaults to random.
11 Also, how do I set it to lock the screen after a certain amount of
12 time, and also lock the screen on command?
13
14 I've been using xscreensaver and I thought it had a daemon but
15 rc-update doesn't show one. How is xscreensaver able to operate
16 without a daemon?
17
18 - Grant
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list