From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my hard drive sick?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:55:22
1 Billy Holmes wrote:
2 > Quoting Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>:
3 >
4 >> I noticed this in my log and wondered what others may think.
5 >> Oct 21 20:26:32 smoker smartd[5381]: Device: /dev/hda, SMART Prefailure
6 >> Attribute: 8 Seek_Time_Performance changed from 252 to 251
7 >
8 > I had a harddrive on a server exhibit this behavior for about a year
9 > until it finally passed away (was RAID1). During that time, I was able
10 > to install a spare. I was curious as to how long it would take till
11 > something happened. It at times would make strange noises.
14 I was looking around on Newegg for a new hard drive. I found a 250GB
15 that should work.
16
17 Mine runs quiet as a mouse so far. Of course, I have seen drives fail
18 without a peep too.
19
20 Thanks
21