From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dell XPS M1710 and Sound
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:51:13
1 Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > The *laptop* soundcard is an hda-intel.
3
4 Ah, welcome to the madness that is called hda-intel. There are
5 several versions of that thing, and each version comes in several
6 different models. My dad's laptop has an ALC260, but whatever
7 'model=' modprobe option I tried, it stayed silent.
8
9 So first find out with 'aplay -l' what codec version you have.
10 Then see https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2189
11 and https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2725 for
12 more info. Read first the comments of pshou, he's the expert.
13
14 When you get it working, I'd be interested to know how you got
15 there.
16
17 Benno
18 --