From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sound stopped working (xfce4 problem?)
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 02:16:53
1 Hello,
2
3 Sound stopped working at some point on my laptop. I don't use the
4 sound very much so it's hard to say what caused it, but now I need to
5 start use a SIP phone so I need the sound. I've double-checked
6 everything mentioned here:
7
8 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml
9
10 but I can't find anything that indicates anything is wrong, other than
11 the lack of sound. The only strange thing is nothing happens when I
12 click on the Settings -> Mixer Settings icon in xfce4 except the
13 system seems to revert to an older version of GTK or something and X
14 gets pretty unstable. Very strange. This icon is different than the
15 xfce4-panel volume icon. That icon works fine.
16
17 Can anyone suggest anything to try?
18
19 - Grant