From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modules Not Autoloading
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:22:02
1 Drew Tomlinson wrote:
2 > Modules are not autoloading since initial install with gentoo-sources
3 > 2.6.25. I have since upgraded to kernel 2.6.27 but the issue
4 > persists. In my previous Gentoo install and other Gentoo installs,
5 > autoloading modules worked. I do not know why they are not loading in
6 > this case.
7 >
8 > I have the following:
9 >
10 > mythfe01 mythtv # cat /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 abituguru
11 > ftdi_sio
12 > lirc_i2c
13 >
14 > Yet on reboot, these modules don't load. Loading manually works fine:
15 >
16 > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe abituguru
17 > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe ftdi_sio
18 > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe lirc_i2c
19 >
20 > Can anyone tell me where my error may be?
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 >
24 > Drew
27 I think I read something after one of my upgrades that said loading
28 modules was changing. If you keep your logs, check the messages that
29 appear when portage installs a package. I only use nvidia here as a
30 module so I didn't pay much attention after the reboot worked.
31
32 I also checked emerge.log but I didn't recognize the package. Maybe
33 this will help tho.
34
35 Dale
36